WHAT WE SPECIALIZE IN: 1. Technology of the Interface, 2. Material Selection & Optimization, 3. Materials for Obtaining Sustainability/"Green", and 4. Expert Witness for Patents & Disputes and Product Liability 5. Training & E-Courses
1. Technology of the Interface is Critical for Combining one Polymer with or Adhering to another Polymer or Substrate (any other material like metal, wood, paper, minerals, concrete, etc.) for: ● Compatibilization of Alloys, Blends & Composites, ● Reactive Extrusion including Grafting of Maleic Anhydride, Vinyl Silanes & other Monomers, ● Adhesion or Release, ● Multi-layer Co-extrusion & Tie-layers, ● Compounding, ● Crosslinking ● Thermoplastic Elastomers, ● Composites, ● Optimizing Share, Size and Particle Size Distribution of Microcapsules ● Providing Surface Properties like Soil-Resistance or Low Friction, and ● Any Multi-Phase Systems where you have more than one material. Without optimizing the technology of the interface and ensuring adequate interfacial adhesion amongst various phases in the part, it is not possible to obtain optimum performance.
2. Material Selection & Optimization:
●Material Selection: Polyolefins, PVC, EVOH, PVOH & vinyl polymers, Nylons, Polyesters, Polycarbonates, Engineering Plastics, Thermoplastic Elastomers (TPEs) & Vulcanizates (TPVs), Halogen & Zero Halogen-Based Flame Retardants, Wire & Cable Compounds, Oxygen, Moisture & Flavor Barrier Materials, Polymer Alloys, Blends & Composites, Flame Retardants, Microcapsules, etc. ●Optimization of Cost, Quality & Performance: How can you optimize cost and maintain performance and processibility?
3. Materials for obtaining Sustainability/‘Green’:
●Use of Recycled Plastics and Rubber from Industrial & Post-Consumer Sources ●Compatibilization to Improve Performance such as Mixed Plastics Systems (Plastic Lumber). ●Bio-derived Polymers ●Cellulose/Wood Fiber-Reinforced Plastics / Polymer Composites ●Use of Recycled Materials to Reduce Costs without loss of performance ●Use of Polymer-based Waste Materials such as Bagasse, Carpet Waste, Industrial Scrap from Carpets, Hemp, Bamboo, Rubber Tires, Textile Fibers, Paper Mill Fiber Waste, and Roofing Tiles with other Waste Materials like Flyash, Concrete, Glass, Etc. to Develop New Value-Added Products.
4. Expert Witness for Patent Issues & Disputes, M&A and Product Liability:
● Get proven expertise in technical and commercial aspects of polymers, plastics, chemicals, composites, packaging and specialty products to help you win your case! ● Use us to help optimize your intellectual property strategy to maximize the bottom line! Do you know many companies do not have one? And some need to improve their strategy. ● Use our successful experience in increasing your ability to get patent applications granted and winning patent disputes. ● Use our expertise in due diligence for M&A and product liability disputes.
5. Training & E-Courses:
●Typical Topics include (but not limited to): - "Material Selection & Substitution", - "Polymer Compounding", - "High Barrier Packaging", - "Basics of Intellectual Property for Chemists and Engineers", - "Compatibilization of Polymer Alloys, Blends and Composites", - "Reactive Compounding of TPEs and TPVs", - "Adhesion of Polymers", - "Grafting of Polymers with Reactive Extrusion", - "Technology and Applications of Tie-Layers", - "Basics of Intellectual Property for Chemists and Engineers", - "The Role of Intellectual Property in Innovation and New Product Development", - "Improving Innovation", - etc.
1. Discussion of your needs
2. Mutual non-disclosure/confidentiality agreement (if you need one)